Tuesday 2 February 2016

Black & White & Red : )

 

Hi there crafty friends.

I hope that everybody is safe and sound and hasn’t been blown away by the gales we had last night.
Chester was a very gusty place for sure – very scary at times.

One thing I have been blown away with though  that are anything but scary are the new Tonic Studios layering dies.
I kid you not, I think these sets are truly amazing.

Of course, they cut like a dream – they are Tonic dies after all, so it’s a given.
But it’s the versatility that impressed me when I used them. I’ve used them in different ways for my samples and I’ll share them with you over the next few days.

My first sample is very straight forward and it’s a typical ‘me’ plain and simple style – I’m a plain and simple sort of girl at the end of the day!!

And ….

1216E_CARDSAMPLE31_1000_RGB

… it’s this one here.

It was made mainly using up some scraps I had laying about.
I don’t know about you but there’s something about this colour combi that really appeals to me.

I’m not going to get hung up on which size dies I used because you can make this as big or as small as you want. 
This would also work using either the Bowscale or the Harrop set – I used the Harrop here.

For the base card, I used a regular shop bought card blank and lined up the notch of one of the larger scallop dies with the fold and cut it out. But I wanted the scallops on all sides, so I cut another one out from Kraft card, added some stitching detail with a black pen and just stuck it onto the top of the base card.

Then I used the smaller scallops and cut out one in red, one a bit smaller in gingham card and finally one in white and I layered them all together onto the card.

 

1216E_CARDSAMPLE31_1000_RGB1 copy

The gorgeous sentiment is from the Tonic Studios Miniature Moments Die Collection and this is Sent With Love. I simply cut one out of black card and another from red and just popped the little red heart ‘negative’ into the space in the black die cut.

The three little red hearts are actually from the heart die in the Patchwork Perfection Everyday Squares set – very sweet I think.

I hope you like my card and thank you for stopping by today.

 Crafty hugs, Dawny xxx

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment