Tuesday 16 February 2016

Pretty Metallic

 

Good morning crafty friends and I hope that everybody is OK today.

We have some truly gorgeous new dies which are  launching today at 2pm and these are called Sew Pretty.

They really are just that.

I will be sharing these with you over the next few days and to start off, I have chosen …..

 

 

… this one here.

 

 

 

 

The die is Sew Pretty- Cherish the Moment- Rectangle Frame and what I did was to cut the smaller die three times using black card from the Tonic Studios Monochrome Card Pack. Then I glued them all together so that it made a raised and sturdy piece.

 

Now when I was at Manchester a few weekends ago, I was having a play with the Double Detail dies and Embllishment Mousses and although it isn’t usually my ‘thing’, I was blown away by them all. So I decided to rub some of the Pure Platinum mousse over the top die cut piece and I loved how it gave it a real metallic look.  It looks like it should be really heavy I think but of course it isn’t.

The card works so well with the mousse because of its texture.

 

 

So that’s my card and I’ll be back tomorrow with another one – something ever so slightly different!!

Don’t forget to catch the show and enjoy the rest of your day, whatever you’re doing.

Crafty hugs,

Dawny xx

No comments:

Post a Comment