Tuesday 15 September 2015

A Bit of a Twist : )

 

Good morning crafty friends and I hope that the weather is better where you are than it is here right now!!

I thought I’d share a card I made using the brilliant new Nuvo pens and one of the images from Tonic Studios Exquisite It Girl & Prom Princess set.

I’ve also used some other things – more in a sec!!

 

603N_CARDSAMPLE6_1000_RGB

So this is the card.

It’s a very simple card but the colours really stand out I think. I used the pens to colour the image and I know that some of you like to know which colours so these are what I used -

Skin - 389, 473, 474,  475

Hair – 389, 461, 463, 465

Clothes – 425, 427, 429

Grounding - 485

I stamped her onto Bristol Board using Memento ink in Tuxedo Black.

The dies I used are the ever so fab (and one of my Tonic faves) Trellis Base Circles. The main one is the largest inside edge cut straight onto the card base and an outside edge cut from Tonic Essential Card Pack – Brilliant Blue, and this was stuck down on the inside of the card base.

 Then I cut another 2 using the medium sized outside edge,  one in white (to stamp on) and one using some Tonic A4 Mirror Card – Metallic Gloss BUT I actually used the tiny bit that is left after you’ve done your cut.


You can see it a little better ……

 

603N_CARDSAMPLE11_1000_RGB

… here.

I really like the way it makes the image stand out.

The ribbon actually started out as plain white satin but a quick dab of Nuvo pen 427 and it was transformed. I also used the pen to colour the sentiment which is from Tonic Studios Expressions Sentiment Set - Live, Love, Treasure, Laugh – 368E. I cut 3 of the ‘love’ in white and glued them together and then coloured them in.

But that’s not all.

I covered it with some Nuvo Crystal Clear Embossing Powder.

Can you see the little gold eyelets in the pic above?
Well they're not really eyelets, they are actually Metallic Gold Nuvo Crystal Drops. I just added a drop to alternate holes in the die cut and it sinks in but just enough to make it look like eyelets.

I will be doing this again for sure. 

So that’s me done and I’ll see you back here very soon.

Enjoy your day and happy crafting xxx

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful colour and love the tip about the Nuvo drops becoming look a like eyelets. Lou x

    ReplyDelete